The Woman of Achievement Award was established in 1957 and we have recognized a woman or women practically every year since. We recognize their commitment to leadership, learning, career, volunteerism, community service, and sometimes even service to our branch. By honoring someone we not only encourage her and support her endeavors but also provide increased public relations opportunities for the honoree, her efforts, and our branch of AAUW.
WOMAN OF ACHIEVEMENT GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATION
Fill out the nomination form for Woman of Achievement and return it to Joyce Gillespie, Woman of Achievement Chair
1) Nominations are to be made by branch members.
2) Nominee must work or have worked, or volunteer or have volunteered in the Independence, MO area.
3) Membership in AAUW is optional.
4) A branch member must submit a written nomination listing the Nominee’s achievements in the areas of: Professional / Career Experience and Volunteer / Special Activities and Educational Background (a college degree is not required)
5) A brief statement of personal recommendation by the AAUW member making the nomination.